Lawrence Educational is committed to protecting your privacy. We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 (registration no. Z9102658) and the data controller is Yellow Door Ltd of Unit 5, Gwydir Enterprise Centre, 23 – 25 Gwydir Street, Cambridge, CB1 2LG. We comply with the GDPR regulations that took effect on 25th May 2018. We store and use your data on the basis of legitimate interest. This enables us to fulfil your orders and send you relevant information about our products and services.
Information we may collect from you
- Your full name
- Contact information including email address, postal address and phone number
- Information about your preferences and interests
When you shop, contact or visit us, the personal information that you provide will be collected and processed by us. This information may be obtained through forms you complete on our websites (lawrenceeducational.co.uk or yellow-door.net) or via phone, fax, email, social media or verbal communications.
How we may use your data
We (or third parties working on our behalf) may collect, store and use your personal information to:
- make this website available to you and to provide you with relevant content
- provide you with services you request
- respond to any enquiries you submit.
We do not sell your data to any third party organisation. We share limited amounts of your data with third parties to deliver our products and services to you – for example, delivery names and addresses for parcel delivery.
We may use your personal information to:
- Fulfil your order
- To provide you with information (by email, phone, fax etc) that you request from us or which we feel may interest you
- Respond to your requests and/or queries
- Obtain your feedback via surveys
- Ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- Provide anonymised tracking data to third party applications like Google Analytics
- Notify you about changes to our service.
Your security and where we store your data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure server and is encrypted using SSL technology. Once we have received your information, we use strict procedures to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Where you have created a password (or we have provided you with one) which enables you to access your account and certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone else.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Our website may contain links to external sites and Lawrence Educational and Yellow Door Ltd is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites.
We do not collect and store your payment information on our website. Your payment information is processed via secure third-party payment gateways including PayPal and Worldpay.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties where necessary for our business purposes and processes.
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer.
We may disclose or share your personal information if we are under a duty to do so in order to comply with any legal obligation, or if we need to do so in order to enforce or apply our terms & conditions of supply.
- You have a right to opt out of marketing communications from us at any time and we will provide you with regular opportunities to do so.
- You have the right to access information held about you. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request this information. If you believe that any of the information we hold about you is incorrect, please get in touch so that we can put that right.
- You have the right to ask us to delete any personal information we hold on you (this is often called ‘the right to be forgotten’). You can request this by contacting us at email@example.com
- You have the right to ask us to supply you with all the information we hold relating to you – for example, your order history. Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.